Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I decided to do a hard reset on my Modem and now I can no longer log in and it is stuck on loading. Synology says that it is no longer in warranty and basically saying that I have to buy a new one. Is there a way to reinstall the DSM via USB or from another venue, because that is the issue here.

router.JPG

Synology says that it is no longer in warranty and basically saying that I have to buy a new one.
Synology is stupid. Instead of assisting Synology owners, and hopefully keep them in brand, they turn against users.

If this was me, and I needed to "buy a new one"... be assured, it would never be Synology.

I don't get their tactic at all. Helping you is not "warranty work", but "goodwill" which leads to satisfied users, repeat customers, and word-of-mouth sales.

Instead, Synology says 'tough luck and go away'. Well... you know what they say...

You can try and reset it to factory defaults and reinstall SRM. Try that 1st.
The reset that I did caused the issue and now I can not access the interface to do the reinstall. So, my initial question was, if there a way to reinstall DSM via USB or the SDCARD?

if there a way to reinstall DSM via USB or the SDCARD
No.

I thought that you did a "hard" reset in terms of a power button, not the actual reset process. hm, not sure what to say here, but as @Telos said, even if the device is not in warranty you should get support other then "buy a new router".

If you want, send me the official ticket number that you have open towards them (or the one that they closed), and I will see what I can do with that info.

This is not right by any means.

Last edited:
I did a reset via DSM to factory reset and via the reset pin hole on the device. The thing is, when the reset was done, it allowed me to set an account, WIFI and a connection PPOE and when I want to access the interface it sits there turning like in the screen shot I posted.
Just "Loading" And synology is saying that I need to replace it. I will buy another device, especially Synology.

Here is the ticket 3253061 I am in Belgium and the language is French

3253061 I am in Belgium and the language is French
Considering this is not a ticket that is visible to my Synology contact due to geographical location, I got info that you can use that ticket as a start of an RMA process via your reseller/distributor that you got the router from.

It should be enough to replace the device if the RMA will cover it. So give that a go.

Last edited:
When I do the reset via the pin hole it allow me to configure an account, Wifi and a connection PPOE.
Synology Assistant app does not see the router for whatever reason.

I once awoke to a seemingly brain-dead 2600... After resets, etc.... I was getting out my old Linksys router....

The last thing I tried was leaving the 2600 powered up... with NO Connections to it... WAN, LAN, SD Card ejected....
It took me 20 min to half hour to configure the Linksys, and when I finished and looked over at the desktop where it would reside, I saw the 2600 happily blinking away with nothing attached to it!!!!

I reconnected the 2600, and found it as if new..... So, configured 2600 again (Had Printouts so I knew what was set where... and have been on that for 3 years or so.....

Don't know what happened.... I awoke to it dead... But it did reload itself sitting there....

At this point, why not try it...

try and skip the PPPOE step as well as wifi and let it configure it later. Do you in that case get into the SRM UI?
Could this do the trick

I once awoke to a seemingly brain-dead 2600... After resets, etc.... I was getting out my old Linksys router....

The last thing I tried was leaving the 2600 powered up... with NO Connections to it... WAN, LAN, SD Card ejected....
It took me 20 min to half hour to configure the Linksys, and when I finished and looked over at the desktop where it would reside, I saw the 2600 happily blinking away with nothing attached to it!!!!

I reconnected the 2600, and found it as if new..... So, configured 2600 again (Had Printouts so I knew what was set where... and have been on that for 3 years or so.....

Don't know what happened.... I awoke to it dead... But it did reload itself sitting there....

At this point, why not try it...
and were you able to log into the unit?

Last edited:
After it reloaded itself.... in 20-30 minutes....(Night before it was fine, When I woke up 26000 was brain-dead, Nothing but Power LED... I had not at that time, done any power cycles or resets, but after I did, 2600 was not responsive until it sat for a long time...)...
Router was on UPS, so power oddity was not a factor... Never happened since...

Thinking back on the issue (3 Years ago?).... I believe the last thing I did prior to giving up and configuring the Linksys.... was what I refer to as: Give it a: "First Birthday".... (An old Broadcast Television trick for computer controlled devices)
ROUTER SWITCHED ON, WALL WORT Plugged in, but Disconnected From Router, Hold Reset button, CONNECT POWER, Continue holding reset button for 10-15 Sec, then Releasing.... and leave it set...

OR: Synology Community

Info in this thread seems to indicate Support has a script to fix it... ??
But I think they need access to it in which for the moment is not possible.
I will try this

try and skip the PPPOE step as well as wifi and let it configure it later. Do you in that case get into the SRM UI?
Any other idea? I tried everything I could do. But now the synology assistant sees the device something it could not do before. Saturday, I am getting a new modem but it will not be a Synology.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.