No Status light after power failure - DS415+

Currently reading
No Status light after power failure - DS415+

NAS
DS415+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Last edited:
Had a power failure which whilst confirming my UPS battery is no longer working, it took down my DS415+

Powered back up today after realising it was off and initially looked ok, flashing blue for a few minutes, then solid blue and 4 x drive lights, but no status light.

Only thing i can find relating to no status light is hibernation, but trying to connect to it does not wake it if this is the issue..

If i unplug network cable from router which is flashing away and plug back in the four hard drive lights start flashing like mad and then settle down to solid green with an occassional flicker.

I'm guessing its now busted and did like its little outage.

Currently replacement looks to be the 923+, so if it is indeed dead, if i move the drives out and into the 923 in the same order should everything be good or is there anything else i should be trying/doing before going down that route.

Cheers

Dean
-- post merged: --

Just came back to check if anything had changed, and now i have a slow pulsing green status, no power, no hdd indicators...

Was your DS415+ patched with the celeron C2000 processor bug resistor?
No - its as it was whenever i purchased it...

keep checking on it, and for a while all the hdd lights where back on, power light was on, but status still pulsing.

Now back to just status light pulsing :(

Cheers guys - applied the resistor fix - but no joy :(

Boots up and i now have a solid status light, but not available on network or via web address...

Any other suggestions appreciated :)

That is a pity, many DS415+ were raised from the dead this way.
I assume you already gave it a long (30s) reset? (will re-install the system but leaves data intact)?
You might try to put in an empty disk and start all over again with installation.

If it does not start, I am out of ideas, other than give you the advice to upgrade to a new system.

Last edited:
I assume you already gave it a long (30s) reset? (will re-install the system but leaves data intact)?
You might try to put in an empty disk and start all over again with installation.

If it does not start, I am out of ideas, other than give you the advice to upgrade to a new system.
Thanks - i've not tried the reset - wasnt sure what effect was of pressing it..

As i've not got backups of this data i'm trying to avoid anything that might mean i lose it - i've already taken a look on ebay for a second hand 415+ as this seems a possible route to retain my data.

Will take a look at what the reset procedure is

Thanks
-- post merged: --

Looks like the hard reset has worked - i've found it on the network and just doing a dsm upgrade.. will report back shortly :D

Last edited:
You can always migratie/transfer all disks to a newer DS, like a DS423+, no need to buy exact the same type.
A backup is always needed when the data is relevant, not only in case of a system failure....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.