no transcoding when using Jellyfin on DS920+

Currently reading
no transcoding when using Jellyfin on DS920+

Hello everyone. I have installed Jellyfin on my DS920+ but I am unable to get transcoding to work.

I used this docker script:
docker run -d --name=jellyfin \
-v /volume1/docker/jellyfin/config:/config \
-v /volume1/docker/jellyfin/cache:/cache \
-v /volume1/MEDIA:/media \
--user 1026:100 \--net=host \
--restart=unless-stopped \
--device /dev/dri/renderD128:/dev/dri/renderD128 \
--device /dev/dri/card0:/dev/dri/card0 \
jellyfin/jellyfin:latest

I was told that it should work but doesn't because there is no /dev/dri directory on my system. Can anyone help with this issue?

follow the guide on github for ffmpeg transcoding. you need ffmpeg, advanced media extensions, and to ssh into the machine and run a comand that uses ffmpeg in jellyfish, video station, ad audistation for lossless audio and video w dts support etc.

follow the guide on github for ffmpeg transcoding. you need ffmpeg, advanced media extensions, and to ssh into the machine and run a comand that uses ffmpeg in jellyfish, video station, ad audistation for lossless audio and video w dts support etc.
Can you provide a link to the guide you referred to? Thanks.
-- post merged: --

Were you logged in as root when you determined this?

See here
I used putty to ssh into the NAS and used an Administrator account (not root).

used an Administrator account (not root).
In that case you will be unable to see the directories you are looking for. Instead, once you have completed your SSH login enter the command.

sudo -i

When asked for a password re-enter your administrator password. You should now have root access.

In that case you will be unable to see the directories you are looking for. Instead, once you have completed your SSH login enter the command.

sudo -i

When asked for a password re-enter your administrator password. You should now have root access.
Ok, thank you very much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.