Not sure if it's Router, but Suspect ISP (ICMP entry in Firewall)

Currently reading
Not sure if it's Router, but Suspect ISP (ICMP entry in Firewall)

NAS
DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
RT2600ac

Seeing that both Router and ISP have had changes recently.... I'm not exactly sure... but I suspect it's the ISP

I had an ICMP Allow rule in Router Firewall to allow ping to ISP Server feeding me for years on my prior ISP... and it logged hits in the Firewall....

Now, with this new ISP, I have a different Server feeding me.... and so I just changed the IP of the ping in Firewall rule... Firewall now logs no hits...

But the device that logs the pings (Behind router) reports they are happening and logs them... and I can open up a command window and also manually ping successfully....

But the Pings, though allowed in the Firewall, do not log hits.... ??

Suspect it's something new ISP is doing.... Just reporting it here in case someone else is doing this to, in the off chance it's related to last -5 update

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.