Note Station Client not working on MacOS Monterey?

Currently reading
Note Station Client not working on MacOS Monterey?

NAS
DS920+ (previously: DS216j, DS218+, DS1621+)
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
After upgrading my MacBook Pro (Intel) to MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559) my Synology Note Station Client 2.2.1-553-mac-x64 doesn't work anymore.
When I start it it just flashes for a second and disappears... I tried re-install but issue remains.

Anyone having same issue? Any idea how to resolve this?
-- post merged: --

I have just noticed that if I go to System Information > Software > Applications that all other (working apps) have this field
Kind set to
  • Universal
  • Intel
While Synology Note Station Client has
Kind: Other
for which I assume that Synology needs to update it to make it compatible?

Probably, but I would advise you to move away from Note Station as from the info that I have, there is currently no active DEV team on that application solution. Also seems there is almost no love for it a while back, so not sure what Syno is planing with it.

Best to open up a ticket to them. Syno is known to send a working version for early adopters.

After upgrading my MacBook Pro (Intel) to MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559) my Synology Note Station Client 2.2.1-553-mac-x64 doesn't work anymore.
When I start it it just flashes for a second and disappears... I tried re-install but issue remains.

Anyone having same issue? Any idea how to resolve this?
-- post merged: --

I have just noticed that if I go to System Information > Software > Applications that all other (working apps) have this field
Kind set to
  • Universal
  • Intel
While Synology Note Station Client has
Kind: Other
for which I assume that Synology needs to update it to make it compatible?
Hi Shanti, I have exactly the same problem after installing 12.0.1. The problem is annoying because I use the app frequently. I wil send Syno a ticket. I think the advice to move away from the app is silly...

Last edited:
How I solved my problem is that you can "appify" your Synology app.
First you go to Control Panel > Login Portal > Applications and find Note and then setup to have alias or subdomain.

Then you can use Mac native apps like Fluid – Turn any webpage into a real Mac App or WebCatalog for Mac and PC | Turn Any Websites Into Real Desktop Apps where you can download their native Mac app and wrap your web app. Tell me if that works for you!

I use that for a long time with my e.g. Audio Station. It is not as sophisticated as a real native app can be but it does the job. And you don't rely on Synology's mercy and their slow product update cycle.

After all, the official Synology Note native Mac app looks like some kind of wrapper...

What is it? Can you share screenshots?

This is some test version that @Paulus1955 supplied. But after few days also appeared problematic, so now I'm leaning on web-based instance.

As of now, Synology didn't released updated version, latest being: https://global.download.synology.co...ogy-note-station-client-2.2.1-553-mac-x64.dmg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.