Notes export?

Currently reading
Notes export?

Solution
D
There's this project on Github that seems to do what you want. It can convert to Markdown format (.md) as this is what Bear uses, I believe.

No direct experience of the tool myself as I dont use Notes Station.
There's this project on Github that seems to do what you want. It can convert to Markdown format (.md) as this is what Bear uses, I believe.

Upvote 0
Solution
Give Joplin a look as well. Multiplatform, active community, engaged developer.
Joplin makes a good impression, I like the plug-in architecture and features.
It also plays well with Synologys WebDAV (hassle-free setup).

What I miss compared to Bear, is this mixed markdown/wysiwyg editor mode:
In Bear you can type md and get kind of wysiwyg display (with greyed out markup symbols).
In Joplin It's either pure markdown or only richt-text editor (where it doesn't understand md symbols).
Or is there something similar to Bears mixed-mode in Joplin?

Upvote 0
What I miss compared to Bear, is this mixed markdown/wysiwyg editor mode:
In Bear you can type md and get kind of wysiwyg display (with greyed out markup symbols).
In Joplin It's either pure markdown or only richt-text editor (where it doesn't understand md symbols).
Or is there something similar to Bears mixed-mode in Joplin?
I grappled with exactly this dilemma a couple of years ago. Joplin has the benefit of being multi-platform, inc. iOS; but I found the separation of md editing and viewing modes unintuitive. I also had a couple of occasions when Joplin messed up the sync between devices; though tbf it was when the dev was making changes to the underlying DB / encoding he uses so this may well be resolved now.

It ended up with me moving back to a combination of Bear on the Mac for my more creative notes (I do photography), and plain old text files openable with any text editor for more technical / work oriented stuff.

Upvote 0
Last edited:

I'd like to reopen this thread, because I still can't sort it out:
The project mentioned above is a good start, but lacks further development. There are some major bugs, and sadly it does not support the textbundle format.
This would be essential to move Notes to another app, including images and files included.

I have the feeling I am close, but lack the programming skills needed.

Scripts I found:

Is there anyone out there, who managed to export notes including images?
Thanks a lot,
paradeiser

Upvote 0
Several years ago I used nsx2md (a Python executable) along with pandoc. It was not 100%, but with manual intervention, I cleaned up much of my notes, and abandoned Note Station.

I'm unsure of the source (though I still have the py file, as it contains no developer information). Good luck, but I believe it came from here.

Upvote 0
If you are open for another alternative, take a look at Obsidian. Very active community and also plugin based to extend to your needs. It also has beautiful mobile apps for all platforms (compared to Joplin). And there are several sync options that play nice with Synology.

I have been searching for a considerable amount of time to find a suitable note-taking app that aligns with my specific requirements. It appears that I have discovered such an app in Obsidian. Initially, I began using Apple Notes, then I transitioned to Synology Note, and eventually switched to Joplin due to its close alignment with my needs. However, I was dissatisfied with Joplin's mobile applications. Finally, I came across Obsidian, and as I started utilizing it and exploring its features, I found it increasingly well-suited to my needs.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.