DS1821+ and DS415+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I have a strange issue happening with email notifications. I don't know when exactly it happened but recently the notifications are not being sent as proper HTML but rather as simple text with HTML code in it.

Wondering if anyone would have experience or an idea on how to fix this?
Thanks!!

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 9.23.40.png

This is from the Control Panel -> Notification -> Rules.
We see it as "plain text" but it isn't since plain text doesn't have italics, bold, underline etc. It's just a simple visual html editor.

The thing is, somehow the backend broke and I have no idea how.

What do you see when you view the raw message? Using macOS Mail to view raw message source here are a couple of messages, both of which display as plain text emails but links are clickable...

This from the NAS (DSM 7.0.1) from when I rebooted it. This format is the same for CMS notifications from the NAS.
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">Dear user,<br><br>Corresponding services have been stopped as Synology Surveillance Station has lost the connection to the following camera(s): Synology LiveCam.<br><br>Sincerely,<br>Synology Surveillance Station<br><br><br>

But when I get notified of a list of packages to update its source is really plain text...
The following packages have new updated versions available on [nas name]. Go to Package Center in DSM to update them:

Active Backup for Business, Antivirus Essential, Apache HTTP Server 2.4, Synology Calendar, DHCP Server, Synology Mail Server, Node.js v12, PHP 7.4, RADIUS Server, USB Copy, Video Station

From [nas name]

The similar CMS notification email, which doesn't have the list of packages, has the HTML code elements.

This is from my RT2600ac (SRM 1.2.5), just one of lots from Threat Prevention.
The following suspicious network event was dropped:

Event Type: Attempted Administrator Privilege Gain
Signature: ET WEB_SERVER WGET Command Specifying Output in HTTP Headers
Severity: high
Source IP: [source ip]
Destination IP: [destination ip]
Time: 2022-03-18 08:34:17 (GMT)

See the attached link for a complete report:
[plain text list of URLs to view the event]

Sent from your Synology Router- NetworkRouter

The raw message comes in exactly the same as the 'non-raw' version:

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 09:18:07 +0100
to: Hide My Email <REDACTED>
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?QmFleiBDbG91ZCAtICBXZWxjb21lIFRlc3Qy?=
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-ICLOUD-HME: p=REDACTED; d=; f=REDACTED; r=to; s=REDACTED
X-Proofpoint-Virus-Version: vendor=fsecure engine=2.50.10434:6.0.425,18.0.850
definitions=2022-03-18_04:2022-03-15,2022-03-18 signatures=0
X-Proofpoint-Spam-Details: rule=notspam policy=default score=0 suspectscore=0 malwarescore=0
phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1011 mlxscore=0
mlxlogscore=826 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx
scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-2009150000 definitions=main-2203180044
X-Synology-Spam-Status: score=2.066, required 5, __NOT_A_PERSON 0, __BODY_URI_ONLY 0, R_DKIM_ALLOW -0.2, FROM_HAS_DN 0, FREEMAIL_FROM 0.001, MALFORMED_FREEMAIL 5.384, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_FAIL 0, R_SPF_ALLOW -0.2, WL_MAILSPIKE_H4 0, SCC_BODY_URI_ONLY 0.591, DKIM_TRACE 0, DMARC_POLICY_ALLOW -0.5, MX_GOOD -0.01, FREEMAIL_TO 0, FROM_EQ_ENVFROM 0, WHITELIST_SPF_DKIM -3, FREEMAIL_ENVFROM 0, ASN 0, __NOT_SPOOFED 0, RWL_MAILSPIKE_VERYGOOD 0, TO_DOM_EQ_FROM_DOM 0
X-Synology-Spam-Flag: no
X-Synology-Virus-Status: no

<div><div>Welcome to Baez Cloud!</div><div><br data-mce-bogus="1"></div><div>You can visit REDACTED to update your profile and change your password.</div><div><br data-mce-bogus="1"></div><div>Your username: <strong>Test2</strong></div><div>Your password: <strong>2VS{c'lp</strong></div><div><br data-mce-bogus="1"></div><div>Within our cloud storage service you have access to the following portals:</div><div><br data-mce-bogus="1"></div><div><strong>Drive</strong> - a portal to upload, download, share and sync files to your computer using the Synology Drive application.<br></div><div><strong>REDACTED</strong></div><div><br data-mce-bogus="1"></div><div><strong>Photos</strong> - a place for you to backup your photos and create shared albums.<br></div><div><strong>REDACTED</strong></div><div><br data-mce-bogus="1"></div><div><strong>Cloud</strong> - advanced panel for your files. See everything that's stored on the drive and photos portal in one p

lace and create drop off links to let other upload files to one of your folders.<br></div><div><strong>REDACTED</strong></div><div><br data-mce-bogus="1"></div><div>If you need help to migrate your data from Google Drive or OneDrive, feel free to reply to this email.<br></div><div>And in case you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out!</div><div><br data-mce-bogus="1"></div><div>Cheers,</div><div><br data-mce-bogus="1"></div><div>Felipe Baez<br></div><div>Baez Cloud</div></div><br>

Seems like the message is missing the HTML header to signify it is in HTML format. Maybe...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.