Info Odoo 14 in a Docker container

Currently reading
Info Odoo 14 in a Docker container

Hi.. i also manage to install odoo 14 on docker in synology. But can u send email out using smtp? I have problem sending email out. Please advice.

Hi thank you for replying... i have tested it but still cannot send email? Do u use google or own mail server?... and how do u managed to send email from odoo?
I don't use Odoo just wanted to get some more info to get the conversation rolling so that anyone that might help on the matter knows what has been done so far.

Guessing you should have some sort of log from Odoo. Any info on any errors coming in the container log from Odoo?

I don't use Odoo just wanted to get some more info to get the conversation rolling so that anyone that might help on the matter knows what has been done so far.

Guessing you should have some sort of log from Odoo. Any info on any errors coming in the container log from Odoo?
I also quite new in using docker... thats why i comment on the author post about odoo inside docker...

I managed to install and make it running.. just the email part is not working... i also not sure where to.check on containers log...

I have tested several.ways from adding google smtp... using my own smtp... it still unable to send out email. Im sending out invoice email using odoo button after generate. But it come out error. Hope i can find some solution here...

Last edited:
Hi.. i also manage to install odoo 14 on docker in synology. But can u send email out using smtp? I have problem sending email out. Please advice.
Hi,

Sorry, we're still testing Odoo. Didn't bother with emails yet.
May I suggest that you treat them separately at first. Are you sure that your SMTP relay is reachable and you can send using it to the mailbox (one to test) that you'll be using with Odoo?

Once you got that working, move into integrating Odoo.

Edit:
On a different note, I’m trying to find a way to run Akaunting in a container but no luck so far. It seems less daunting than Odoo (at least for our needs).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.