Currently reading
OK To Skip Intermediate Upgrades?

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
My DS920+ was running DSM 7.0-41890 and I wanted to update to the latest 7.1.1-42962 Update 3. I'm not sure if jumping over some of the intermediate updates was a good thing to do so I went to the Synology Download Center, selected what I was going from and going to. I was given this update path.

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 7.20.36 PM.png

I downloaded 7.1.1-42962 Update 1 and Update 3 as suggested. Then I did the manual update with the file path set to the Update 1 file. When the update proceeded, it seemed to do a single update directly to Update 3. Did that really happen or did it perform both updates as one step? Does skipping intermediate updates cause problems? I had waited because I heard there were some problems with the earlier updates. Maybe waiting is not recommended? I'm just worried that everything did not get updated properly.

Did that really happen or did it perform both updates as one step? Does skipping intermediate updates cause problems?
If the DSM is reporting up3 version then you are fine. There are no problems skipping version that’s why the update path has a specific route its needs when you do decided to update.

Nothing to worry it’s all good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.