Old 3TB WD Caviar Green

Currently reading
Old 3TB WD Caviar Green

Operating system
  1. Windows
Hello,
I am about to replace my old HTPC with a DS920+.
Inside I have 2 x WD 3 TB SATA lll Caviar Hard Drive - Green, the model is WDC WD30EZRX. These have been running for about 50k hours, and they have a 'good' rating in crystaldiskinfo. I also have another 2 lying around that I bought at the same time (2015), but havent really been used, probably less than 5k hours.

Would I be able to use these in the DS920 until I get newer bigger disks?

Would I be able to put 2 (not used) disks into the 920, copy over the data still on the HTPC, and then put these 2 into the NAS?

many thanks,
pg

Solution
These drives "could" be used but I would not recommend it unless you are using them only as stand alone drives in a pinch until you find replacement storage. They are not designed to be used in a NAS.
These drives "could" be used but I would not recommend it unless you are using them only as stand alone drives in a pinch until you find replacement storage. They are not designed to be used in a NAS.

Upvote 1
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.