Old DSM Versions

Currently reading
Old DSM Versions

NAS
DS3612xs
I recently found out that our DS3612xs had not been updating as we were told. Long story, don't want to go there. Found out the hard way. A disk died and we replaced it with a new disk only to have that disk be DOA. I have two other disks that I can replace that one with but am afraid to do too much without being able to back the unit up. It is currently on version 4.2-3211. I don't know if this is even worth the time but that's why I am here asking for help or suggestions.

I found another thread in this forum that had a link to old DSN downloads from Synology's archive download site, but they have removed everything before 6.2.4-25556. Is there any other way to obtain old versions?

Thanks,
Jessica

Yeah that's the issue. Because we are on an old version of the OS we have no way to back it up without copying the data straight to another storage location through VMWare. I might as well just replace it. Maybe after I can bring it up to date and repurpose it.

Thanks,
Jessica

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.