old versions of Drive Client for Mac

Currently reading
old versions of Drive Client for Mac

NAS
213+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Any way to get to old versions of the drive client for Mac? Ive upgraded to v3.0, which then required me to upgrade the server on the 2 NAS. but one of them is too old to run the new Drive Server. So I need to downgrade the client on the MacBook to v2.0... fun and games! Thanks in advance.

so even after uninstalling v3 of Drive client and installing the old v2... it comes up as v3 and will not downgrade it. It seems an impossible loop to escape? any experience out there...

so even after uninstalling v3 of Drive client and installing the old v2... it comes up as v3 and will not downgrade it. It seems an impossible loop to escape? any experience out there...
Are you sure it registers the client side as v3? Or is it the server side?

Are you sure it registers the client side as v3? Or is it the server side?
yeah... even after uninstalling the client and using the old version you shared the 'about' on the client says v3. And I just read the v3 release notes (a bit late I know)...
  1. Not downgradable - After installation of this beta application, you will not be able to downgrade to a previous official version of this software.

but surely I can somehow erase all trace of Synology drive and start again? I tried app cleaner but that obviously hasn't worked! thanks for any advice

I managed to nuke the Drive client install by just deleting all folders and hidden files I could find. Reinstalled v2 (thanks Rusty!) and its all running again. Same warning about permissions on some file or folder 'Library' in my Documents folder but ive excluded that and the Adobe folder and it seems happy. Thanks for the help here. Might be time to upgrade my 213+ soon I guess..!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.