On one only 720+ (Redundant Synology Drive Entry in firewall)

Currently reading
On one only 720+ (Redundant Synology Drive Entry in firewall)

NAS
DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
On one only of my 2x 720+ I have noticed a Redundant Firewall rule..... Synology Drive Server....
Now Both of my 720+ have Drive Server enabled and operational.... I have one Catch All Synology Allow Rule in both 720+'s, (And 718+), with Synology Drive Server enabled there...
However, as Drive Server gets updated, on one only 720+ a second Synology Drive Server Rule is placed in firewall... At the top of the list....
Seeing that I have it in the other rule, I deleted that extra Rule, and tested....
Yes it still works...

This has happened before.... Not sure if it was on one or both 720+'s.... Checked... 718+ did not get extra rule... ??

Posting to see if this happens to others on other models...

So to summarise:
After updating Synology Drive Service on one DS720+ there is a new, duplicate, firewall rule to allow access to this package, and this doesn't happen on another DS720+ or DS718+.

I've not seen this.

Check if you have firewall notifications enabled and, if you do, have you accepted the offer to add rules? Have you modified a rule that was perviously added when accepting the offer to add one?
1682343560375.png

Last edited:
All 3 NAS's are set that way.... FIREWALL AND NOTIFICATIONS ARE CHECKED
I have in the past seen and accepted the offer to update Firewall.... But not any recently....
Printout date of 720-2 Firewall list without the extra Drive Server line was 11/02/2022, so the Drive Server update happened between 11/02/2022 and today... But only one 720+ sees it... Other 720+ & 718+ doesn't
But again, I do not recall being asked to update firewall list ???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.