Currently reading
One device won’t connect to NAS

NAS
DS718+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Have been connecting to my Synology NAS with several devices & no issues since I bought it. Tried another (different) device today through same browser, couldn’t even get login screen. says “server unavailable.” Other browser doesn’t work, either. Ideas?

No- original devices were Mac laptop & iPad, one that won’t connect is MacBook Pro.

Last edited:
Via wifi? Are you in the same ip range? Can you ping the nas?
afp Or smb? can you see the nas in the smb network in finder ?

Via wifi? Are you in the same ip range? Can you ping the nas?
afp Or smb? can you see the nas in the smb network in finder ?
Yes, all devices via wi-fi (NAS is wired directly to router). All devices in router subnet. Yes, I can ping both LANs on the NAS (it is a DS718+, and both Ethernet ports are connected to ports on the router). I can see NAS on SMB network in Finder, but it will not connect.
Thanks for your input.

Thanks, you solved the problem with your last response, although I still do not understand why one laptop would connect and another wouldn’t, and one iOS device would and the other wouldn’t. Your response about IP ranges made me think about examining the physical Ethernet connections in the LAN. It turns out that I had connected both Ethernet cables from the NAS to two ports in a Gigabit switch, with that connected to a router port. This was corrected by connecting directly to the router, now all devices can connect to the NAS.
Thanks again for your time.
No firewalls were ever present
Router is Portal-1.4.240_prod-1.2.226
Mac OS 12.0.1
iOS 15.0.2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.