C2 Storage One Hybrid Share folder limit on C2 or NAS?

Currently reading
C2 Storage One Hybrid Share folder limit on C2 or NAS?

NAS
DS918+ x2, DS1621+
Operating system
  1. Windows
  2. other
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have just signed up for C2 storage with the intention of trying hybrid share in order to sync two Synology NAS systems and use C2 as cloud storage. Seems to be a good solution to my small business requirements.
Users will access their own and a few shared folder on their local NAS via Synology Drive Client.

The first hybrid share folder was created successfully, but I am unable to create a second on the same NAS. Is this a limitation of the system or simply the beta status of the C2 storage which I am trying out? If I can only have one, I need to move multiple shared folders under one hybrid share folder.

One share folder per C2 account, yes. There are the official requirements:

Hybrid Share does have some requirements and limitations. To use HS you will need:

• Synology NAS with 2GB of RAM or more
  • Synology VDSM (Virtual DSM) is not supported, so a bare-metal device is a must
  • Synology NAS with BTRFS volume where HS share will live
  • Synology NAS with DSM 7 or above (DSM 6.x will not support HS)
  • Synology Account with an active C2 plan
  • You can have only one (1) mounted HS folder

Limitations

1. Certain features are limited in Hybrid Share Beta:
    • The same Hybrid Share folder can be mounted on up to five Synology NAS devices concurrently.
    • Each Synology NAS device can mount one Hybrid Share folder at a time.
  2. CIFS/NFS remote folders cannot be mounted in a Hybrid Share folder.
  3. When connecting multiple Synology NAS to the same Hybrid Share folder, join these devices to the same domain or LDAP to synchronize file permissions.
  4. Hybrid Share is not supported in China.

Upvote 0
Many thanks. I think I meet all the requirements. The limitation of a single HS folder will mean I need to re-organise my users shared folders. :(

Upvote 0
Many thanks. I think I meet all the requirements. The limitation of a single HS folder will mean I need to re-organise my users shared folders. :(
Well it depends what you are trying to achieve in the end. HS was targeted for team coordination and multi site access to common files as well as location with limited or slow connections.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.