One Touch Sign In ---- Not Available on the SRM?

Currently reading
One Touch Sign In ---- Not Available on the SRM?

NAS
DS920+ DS215J,
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have both the 2600 Router and the 920+ NAS.... When utilizing 2-Factor Security, The NAS has the "One Touch" Sign In Feature (see screen shot) where I get a PUSH Notification and simply Press "Approve" to Sign in.... While the 2600 SRM only gives me the option each time to Manually Enter the 6 Digit rolling code from my Synology Secure Sign In App on my Android..... Does the SRM have this One-Touch Option?

NAS One Button Approve Sign In.jpg

DSM 7+ has it and yet DSM6.1- doesn’t. It was a fairly new feature on DSM but you still have 2 step authentication in SRM and older DSM… provided the time sync doesn’t slip.

Question: does Secure SignIn require Internet access? I’m thinking there’s got to be a non-Net fallback method.

And I had been using the 2 Step 6 Digit Code feature for each.... And when I made some minor changes, I was presented with the One Touch Option... And it spoiled me for its ease of use. Wonder when they will implement the Push 2 Factor for the Router Manager? To your question: I just Disconnected my 920+ from the Modem... and when trying to load the Page I was met with a Blank Screen.... So... no Live Internet Connection, No NAS Access through the Portal.... Though Access is still available through Explorer Mapped Drives. I Believe the Secure Sign In Page also has an Option on it saying "Lost your Mobile Phone?"..... I'll have to try the same scenario with a Tether to my Mobile....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back