Currently reading
DSM 6.2 đź“… One -way syncing ?

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
Last edited:
I ran across this in the Knowledge Center:

nTxTWcl.png

Ref

At first, this concerned me, but my test edits using the Synology Contacts WebGUI, are synced to my CardDAV clients.

So... what is this telling me?

edited typo... thanks to Shadow

The note is part of adding address books. It makes sense as it’s likely to be a published vcf/vcard which will be read-only.

At first, this concerned me, but my test edits using the Synology Contacts WebGUI, are synced to my CardDAV clients.

So... what is this telling me?
I had this in a reply from Synology Support last year when I first tried Synology Contacts. I was using BusyContacts, a CardDAV macOS app. I had a couple of address books set up, a 'current' address book and an 'archive' one. On moving a contact from one to the other BusyContacts would give an error, complain about being unable to get a connection or something. I asked BusyContacts who looked at the logs and couldn't work it out. So my reading of the official Synology reply is you can't move a contact from one address book to another via CardDAV.

I gave up and installed the Synology CardDAV server but I'm coming back to Contacts as I know I'll have to one day. Otherwise it seems to be fine, syncing etc, just don't move a contact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.