OpenVPN, dns request to SRM router not working?

Currently reading
OpenVPN, dns request to SRM router not working?

NAS
DS216j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I've configured the OpenVPN server in SRM (in vpn plus server), and I've checked the 'allow clients to access local server LAN', and also the SRM internal ip address (192.168.1.1) for 'manual DNS'
Of course using OpenVPN subnetwork (172.22.0.0/24)
I'm able to connect to the VPN (with exported .ovn file, etc.) and it works Ok, I can reach the local network servers and devices I've running in my local network (192.168.1.0/24)
But I'm not able to do DNS request to SRM router (192.168.1.1)

I have created a firewall rule to let openvpn subnetwork send 53Tcp/udp requests to SRM router (192.168.1.1) ... and it does not work ???

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
Others here use Internet VPN services and may be able to help. I don't use SRM's VPN tunnel to Internet...
Replies
Views
OK so maybe you had a double NAT going on and this was causing the requests from getting to the router...
Replies
Views
Well, the one thing I didn't try...It didn't like the DS name, but just entering the IP address in the...
Replies
Views
I have a question. So this is network speed issue on your NAS or on your PC? Not sure I picked up what...
Replies
Views
Hi! Finally, Synology fix the issue. How? Disable PPPe acceleration. How? With a script that they do not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
User defined Destination NAT (DNAT) /Source NAT (SNAT) is what is needed. My last router had this and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
checkip.synology.com is forever present on the NAS as well where it runs every 3 minutes. I disabled QC...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back