Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hope everyone is doing okay. I recently swapped from Android to iOS and setup OpenVPN once more as I already had it working on Android.

Everything was going well until I saw my data usage last night. In 90 minutes it had chomped through 350mb of data. Interesting thing is I only accessed one document, a small doc of around 35kb. I’ve done this before on Android and it used next to nothing data wise.

I’m sure it must be something iOS related and wondered if anyone else came across this problem. For now it has broken my workflow away from home.

I use OpenVPN in iOS and it uses next to nothing in Kb, except the files I access.
The OpenVPN server runs on a Sophos XG firewall router.

Maybe except for the access to your NAS, you made use of the VPN to browse to the internet?
(I mean having open the VPN in your iOS device, you make use of internet browsing through your VPN,
in my case it can be set in the XG, to permit or no outgoing traffic to the WAN through the VPN).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.