DS920+, DS916+, DS211j
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I have a bit of a problem with OpenVPN Server from Synology.

After the last DSM update, OpenVPN server no longer works properly. I can connect to the vpnserver from outside and get to see the IP of my ISP when I do an IP check, and other apps on my mobile have access to the internet.

But I can’t login via e.g. DSFile to access my LAN environment. I can't access my files on the DS.
I have tried this through IP and domain-name nether are working anymore.

I've already tried the following:
Reinstalled OpenVPN server
check all settings
firewall is open (because I can connect to the vpnserver)
port forwarding is also good in the router (because the connection to the vpnserver is established)

I know that everything worked well before the DSM update because my users were able to login normally before the update.
This is shown in the logfile.

Does anyone have similar problems or maybe a solution?
I don't know where to look for it anymore.

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve updated my NAS today to update-4. All seems fine.

I’m using OpenVPN and just tried it. Works fine. I can access everything as before. I even tried DS File. Works.

How about if we take it one step back. You’re saying you can establish a VPN connection.

Can you use your mobile data and establish the connection then on your home network (LAN) use a client to login to your NAS and run the VPN server console. Check “Connection List”. Does it show your mobile client in the list?

If it shows, can you try (from your VPN connected mobile device) to access the NAS itself? Forget about the clients on the LAN for now.

Hi,

I’ve updated my NAS today to update-4. All seems fine.

I’m using OpenVPN and just tried it. Works fine. I can access everything as before. I even tried DS File. Works.

How about if we take it one step back. You’re saying you can establish a VPN connection.

Can you use your mobile data and establish the connection then on your home network (LAN) use a client to login to your NAS and run the VPN server console. Check “Connection List”. Does it show your mobile client in the list?

If it shows, can you try (from your VPN connected mobile device) to access the NAS itself? Forget about the clients on the LAN for now.

Hi,

Yes I see my mobile connection in the Connection List, but I cannot acces the NAS by browser

Just to make sure. This is what I’m referring to:

CB529252-5DE7-4B8D-9C11-F4AE6AAE55AF.jpeg

Ok. At least we‘ve found something. Not exactly that I know how to go around it though :)
Let‘s think. Why would that happen. Something to do with that dynamic range. Or something killing any connections to the dynamic range.
You said the firewall is disabled too.

How about if you try a different dynamic range.
I ran out of logical trials and going into the not so logical now :)

Ok. At least we‘ve found something. Not exactly that I know how to go around it though :)
Let‘s think. Why would that happen. Something to do with that dynamic range. Or something killing any connections to the dynamic range.
You said the firewall is disabled too.

How about if you try a different dynamic range.
I ran out of logical trials and going into the not so logical now :)

I've changed the IP range to 192.168.5.1 and tried to connect via my mobile and got connected. The Connection List show my connection but ping get lost again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 10.55.58.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 10.55.58.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 224

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.