Currently reading
Out of Curiosity TV on a NAS

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Out of curiosity, Is there any way to install TV channels (IPTV) on a NAS? If yes please share your knowledge with us.

I use mine for digital TV (called Freeview in the UK) and it also my DVR too. I control it all via Plex with up to 4 simultaneous channel captured by the HDHomeRun Quattro. I have been doing so for years and my wider family occasionally use it to record things too as they can access my Plex service.

889D2D7D-9885-466D-B44A-0EAFA415B19A.jpeg

02AFEB3F-D6C2-4D21-AF1C-4667B463AFB1.jpeg

☕

Same as @Robbie I use it via Plex, emulating HDHomerun device and pushing MP3U list inside it. Running a separate EPG on the side (because Croatia is not officily supported inside Plex regarding EPG), so I can combine the channels with the guide.

1639042346252.png

All running inside Docker using 2 separate containers, on top of Plex as a separate service.

More info here:

Channel/HDHomerun emulator

EPG container

Running on all Plex capable clients (TV, mobile, web, desktop, etc), on the latest supported Plex server version.

Same as @Robbie I use it via Plex, emulating HDHomerun device and pushing MP3U list inside it. Running a separate EPG on the side (because Croatia is not officily supported inside Plex regarding EPG), so I can combine the channels with the guide.

View attachment 4975

All running inside Docker using 2 separate containers, on top of Plex as a separate service.

More info here:

EPG container

Running on all Plex capable clients (TV, mobile, web, desktop, etc), on the latest supported Plex server version.

View attachment 4975

More info here:

EPG container

Could I have the step by step instructions on how to do it, please?

A guide , or howto post will be great for those new to the idea of linking IPTV to NAS. It requires effort but new comers will be thankful.

A guide , or howto post will be great for those new to the idea of linking IPTV to NAS. It requires effort but new comers will be thankful.
An easy guide please, as I am not a computer literate lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.