NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I recently had to change the CR2032 battery on one of my client machines. Prior to this battery change I've had no issues with this client at all. Ever since that date all standard nightly scheduled backup have failed to complete. The status is partially completed with some of the connected USB drives not completing. Have restarted both the client and the NAS but continue to have the issue. I can make a manual backup and that will complete successfully and as expected. I have checked that the date and time are correct in the bios and on the client. They are correct. Have two other clients connected to this NAS and those continue to backup as expected. I am at a loss as to what is causing the problem. My current thinking is that I may need to deleted the task and start with a new one. Hoping for some insight from those with more experience than I as I consider myself to still be a bit of newbie when it comes to NAS and the software provided. Thanks for looking.

Have you tried editing (opening) the task and saving again? Sometimes HB isn't smart enough to realise that something might have been removed until you open and save it.

I had something similar and I can't remember what solved it.
  • One time I had Media Server installed and selected it for backup then had stopped the package, that stopped the HB task running successfully.
  • Look in the HB logs to see if there's something that indicates a package or location that is causing a problem.

Have you tried editing (opening) the task and saving again? Sometimes HB isn't smart enough to realise that something might have been removed until you open and save it.

I had something similar and I can't remember what solved it.
  • One time I had Media Server installed and selected it for backup then had stopped the package, that stopped the HB task running successfully.
  • Look in the HB logs to see if there's something that indicates a package or location that is causing a problem.
Thanks for the advice. All I did was to open and validate all the needed drives were checked, they were, and resaved it. That seemed to have resolved my trouble. Last night's backup went off without a hitch. Appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Appears to have solved the trouble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.