avkappraisal.com
NAS
DS216
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Running any VPN on the PC breaks shares on my DSM216. I understand the PC VPN IPv4 is now 10.x.x.x and the NAS 192.168.x.x . So where do I start so I can run a VPN on the PC and connect the NAS file shares?

This is how VPN works, you tell the system to use the vpn tunnel to route all traffic to, outside that IP range, it should not work.
So the software should enable you to make an exception for local ip addresses, next to the outside IP.

If you are on a commercial vpn provider like NordVPN, it should work via settings menu (it works here).
In case you setup a VPN eg with your company network, it is sometimes possible to setup a split tunnel if the software allows you to do so. You can find data on internet if you google for e.g. "Split VPN Tunnel"

But I agree with Rusty that more info is needed if the above is not sufficient.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.