www.fsnet.fr
NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,

Did you think that it's possible to have a Peertube instance on a synology NAS? Maybe with docker?
I've a DS218+ and I'm really interested by the projet.
Does anyone can help me to install this docker on my NAS?

Thanks a lot.

DS218+ supports the DSM Docker package so you just have to install it and then download an image to create a container.

Search for peertube on Docker website:
DSM Docker help:

You might find the docker-compose.yml on the project's github usefull to identify required environment variables, port mappings, volume mappings and services it dependens on. You can find example values for the environment variables in the .env file.

Last edited:
seams like I forgot the link: Chocobozzz/PeerTube

You will end up running 4 containers for this: PeerTube, Redis, Postgres and Postfix. Though, probably Postfix and Postgres could be replaced with the existing services from the DS, so you might be able to reduce it two two containers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.