DS note Perfect!

Currently reading
DS note Perfect!

Interesting. Thank you for mentioning that. It’s worth checking.

Currently I’ve settled on an iOS app called Notebooks and I sync it to my DS via its WebDAV support.
But if you have more than one device sharing the same notebooks, the conflict resolution is not the best.

What do you use @Rusty? I'm having second thoughts on using Note Station as the go to app. I've read some feature request in the old/new forum that the developers seems to not give a care.

What do you use @Rusty? I'm having second thoughts on using Note Station as the go to app. I've read some feature request in the old/new forum that the developers seems to not give a care.
Atm, I'm testing out Bookstack via this docker image. As I said before I'm still transitioning so still not 100% set on any platform.
The main problem with BS is that it doesn't have a mobile app. But then again I don't need that function. On the other hand, I might switch platforms for something that has that option. But this is not high on my list of priorities.

Thank you @Rusty! I used to think I would not need a mobile app but having the ability to add/edit your ideas wherever is pretty convincing. I've checked Bookstack but its a bit complex for me.

Thank you @Rusty! I used to think I would not need a mobile app but having the ability to add/edit your ideas wherever is pretty convincing. I've checked Bookstack but its a bit complex for me.
Well if you give it a go and get stuck post back, but if you need/want a mobile solution maybe best to avoid it up front.

I've found productivity tools to be a rather personal thing and depends on how, where, and when you use them. If it's for work or academic use then high volume of notes is expected and so exporting is a concern, but for plodders that do low volume but over a long time then exporting by hand isn't such a chore.

I'm in the latter camp having collected notes over the years as more of an aide-memoire and code/text clippings. So for me I recently started to use Note Station as a handy way to have access to my small set of info, with formatting, tags, and grouping.

Having said this, my preference has been to use the plain text file system: a folder containing structured folders of text files. Guaranteed to be transportable, lots of editor apps on all platforms, works for years and years. Stick it on you cloud sync service of choice.

On Mac I use BBEdit and TaskPaper (plus the now free Folding Text) as they support markup/down formatting. On iOS I currently use Editorial (Dropbox sync only, hum), Taskmator, and Pretext. Plus can edit in Bash shell using vi / vim.

I suppose I should mention Windows too. I used to used TextPad but now use Notepad++.

And the PTFS can be enhanced to support other file formats (RTF, PDF, JPG, etc) by using a different app to open them! It's so flexible :cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back