Persistent backdoor discovered on 2 of my NAS's

NAS
DS412+, DS418, DS214Play
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 4.16.09 pm.png

I have discovered a persistent backdoor in 2 of my NAS's. DSM updates do not effect it and Security Adviser does not detect it. They allow my hacker full control of the NAS and of course various attacks on my network including ARP spoofing, DNS spoofing, SYN Floods and DDOS attacks. I have just discovered them and blocked them successfully with the NAS firewall. It seems it's based on a trojan called Backdoor. Smother [Symantec-2003-092310-2135-991] but I am just guessing because it uses the same port. I really have no idea.

As you can see there is no PID or service name so yeah. I also have IPv6 disabled on the NIC but that doesn't matter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you read DSM ports? These ports are listed in there. Also the fact that there is no service linked to them doesn't mean they are used by malware, the NFS port also has no service connected.

Upvote 0
Did you read DSM ports? These ports are listed in there. Also the fact that there is no service linked to them doesn't mean they are used by malware, the NFS port also has no service connected.
Yes I have. It seems 3264 is the culprit but I blocked the other 2 jic. I got my info from here Port 3264 (tcp/udp) but have read it may be called linux/backdoor or something similar.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back