DS218
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Is there any way to change the thumbnail for an album in Synology Photos? When in Albums mode, the folder thumbnail appears to be totally random. Same goes for Photos/Folder view/ -- in this case the thumbnail for the subfolder appears to be random as well.

I want to be able to designate a photo as the album thumbnail. Am I missing something obvious?

Solution
Or you can open an album, select an image and in the bottom options menu select the option to set the image as key image for that album.
There are two ways to do this:
1) print a photo at the size of the thumbnail and glue it onto your screen on the right place
2) wait until photos matures, and synology creates this functionality

this is one of those smaller things that disappeared with the “upgrade“ from photo station to photo’s

Upvote 1
Once you select an image in the album there should be a menu in the bottom right corner (3 dots) that will have this option.
Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 09.15.11.png

Upvote 0
i see, it is only available in album view, not in photo view (that I use, because I am organised by folder, not by album).
that explains it. I kept working on folder level as that was default in photo station.
thx.

Upvote 0
i see, it is only available in album view, not in photo view (that I use, because I am organised by folder, not by album).
that explains it. I kept working on folder level as that was default in photo station.
thx.
Hello ,
Just install DSM7 yesterday and I'm here... Exactly the same issue for me!
I like to organise my photos myself in folders, by year and events.
This was working like a charm with photo station, with the option to personalize the folder and subfolder thumbnails.
This automatic choise of the folder thumbnail in Synology photos is a huge regretion from photos station!
Please Synology, add this feature again!!

Upvote 0
Or you can open an album, select an image and in the bottom options menu select the option to set the image as key image for that album.
Thank you - This seems to work only for albums created by manually adding photos or conditions.
I would also like to change the autogenerated thumbnails for folders (folder mode) and the randomly selected photos in Album mode for the default albums for people, places, tags, etc.
If there is a way to do this the above now, please advise.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.