'photos' appears in my folder 'my drive'

Currently reading
'photos' appears in my folder 'my drive'

Hi,
I'm using DSM 7.1. As I mentioned in the title, the 'photos' folder appears inside 'my drive' folder. I don't know how this happened. I didn't press the convert button for my drive. I don't know why, but the convert button doesn't appear either. Can you help me?
Thanks.
1.png
2.png

This is by design with DSM 7.1 and the new Photos app. Photos folder is inside your account folder not inside the actual Drive folder.

My Drive = your home account folder

Code:
<home>
    <username>
        <Drive>
        <Photos>
But I don't want the 'photos' folder to appear in my drive. Isn't there a way out of this? I'm already using the photos app for this.

I really can't say of the top of my head as I never looked into this. Why is this an issue to begin with? Maybe I am missing something here.
I don't want to see the photos folder on synology drive. Because I use synology drive and synology photos as two separate services. I do synchronization work via webdav. The fact that the photos folder appears in the drive is a security problem for me.

I also have an issue with this, I sync my entire Drive to my pc and now it added 1TB of unnecessary Photos. These two apps should stay separate I don't understand why they need to be merged. If I want to do anything with the Photos folder that's what File Station is for

I also have an issue with this, I sync my entire Drive to my pc and now it added 1TB of unnecessary Photos. These two apps should stay separate I don't understand why they need to be merged. If I want to do anything with the Photos folder that's what File Station is for
Just exclude Photo folder from syncing. I use it that way, no issue at all with the desktop app.

There was the option to switch Drive’s My Drive from /home/drive to /home. This would impact all users and I think is a once only option… I haven’t used it. Also I’m not sure if new DSM / Drive deployments even give the option, and that it’s always /home now.

With support for on-demand sync then I guess the idea is that users won’t sync down their full home folder. But I’d like to keep some stuff out of Drive’s versioning so I’ve not switched to the new My Drive being all the home folder.

That setting to convert My Drive from a user's /home/drive to /home. It's not obvious how to do it, if you had an older Drive setup, but if you select My Drive and the Convert button is enabled then you can change from /home/drive. If the button is disable then you are already using /home and cannot change it back.

1683631623762.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.