Currently reading
PHP 5.6 on DSM 7.0

NAS
Ds218+, DS118
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I hope this is the right forum - if not I do apologize. Furthermore the search did not help...

I am using my DS920 also as a Webserver for my own private data driven platforms for various topics (movies, music, games, weather etc.). I am developing as a hobby and didn't have the time to really educate me regarding "new fangled stuff" like PHP > 5.6 or mariadb > 5 (i know, I know !!).

Anyway, with DSM 7 it seems that Synology wants to "clean house" as I saw that mariadb is out (that should not be a huge problem) but I did not see anything about PHP 5.6

Does anybody know whether webstation will support this version with DSM 7 ?

Best to move into Docker with all this, to avoid any problems. Also, you can run any PHP version you want as well as Maria.
I am using docker for HomeAssistant and like it, but I am not really that experienced yet and am not sure about how this would impact the performance.....Anyay, that's something to look at...

Upvote 0
I am using docker for HomeAssistant and like it, but I am not really that experienced yet and am not sure about how this would impact the performance.....Anyay, that's something to look at...
Performance will not be an issue here I guarantee it.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.