Currently reading
PHP Versions

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
On my Web Station I have it working fine with PHP 7.4, but I also have older PHP packages installed: 5.6, 7.2 and 7.3.....

The question is am I safe in removing the older packages? I 'know' the answer is yes, but I'm playing safe and looking to double check with you guys, just in case.....

That's what I did. Started with the oldest. If it was a dependency for another package, a pop-up message appeared telling me that I must first uninstall the dependent package. Otherwise, I uninstalled the package and made a note of what I uninstalled, just in case. I've seen no issues.

Last edited:
Thanks, I've managed to uninstall 5.6, 7.2, but when looking to remove 7.3 I get:
Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 17.14.14.jpg

I've looked in phpMyAdmin and can't see any way to change it to use 7.4 instead of 7.3.....
-- post merged: --

It seems that it s hard coded in phpMyAdmin to use v7.3 so I'll hold off looking to remove it. I did manage to get rid of Apache 2.2 as well as I had that and 2.4 installed.
The removals have significantly speeded up the the web site which is good news!

Synology often hard codes dependencies version, presumably to avoid breakage. It's possible that at some future revision the hard code version embedded in phpMyAdmin will be updated. Until then, you're stuck.

FWIW I have a similar situ w/Photo Station and PHP7.0.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.