Currently reading
Pihole new ds920

NAS
Synology DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I just finished installing pihole on a replacement DS920. I had it on my old machine for over 6 months. To test it I usually go to New York Times and it removes the adds. This time it's not working. I've added my standard block lists to no avail. Have also cleared cache and cookies in my browser. Below is piholes debug log. TIA

Build software better, together

Last edited:
Sorry Rusty. Not quite sure where to look? I wiped out Pihole and the folders then reinstalled it. This time it's not showing any statistics at all. Like there's no data flowing through it. and yes, I set it to host, not bridge as I was following the instructions, I had from previous versions which worked fine!

Sorry Rusty. Not quite sure where to look? I wiped out Pihole and the folders then reinstalled it. This time it's not showing any statistics at all. Like there's no data flowing through it. and yes, I set it to host, not bridge as I was following the instructions, I had from previous versions which worked fine!
Well if nothing its registering, then its not working as it should. Also, hows the port mapping done for that container?

ok, finally got it working after a third install. I've added a few entries to the black list. However, the "Domains on adlist," count hasn't change after update gravity which it did on other versions?

A little more info I found. According to Pihole diagnoses tab, I'm getting the attached error below which is related to my router's internet!

Attachments

• pihole.JPG
    pihole.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 23
according to what it's showing in the router, it is pointing to the nas. two months ago I installed a tp link managed switch but hadn't modified any of its settings and pihole was working on the old nas fine!.

I don't understand where the ip is coming from?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 17
delete the secondary DNS entry, verify that the IP address of the Pi-Hole server is the primary DNS entry. Depending on how you set up the Pi-Hole server, it very well could be the IP address of the Synology NAS.

Not sure what's happening but I went drastic. I shut down the PC and did a hard reset of the modem, "enter password and install new password and old wifi pass." Now Pihole seems to be blocking sites. However, if I add new block lists and update gravity, the dashboards, "domain on adlist," isn't showing the updated count. Seems to be stuck at 133,943, lol. it's working so I';m leaving it until the next release. unless you have an ah ha moment;)

Thanks everyone, you guys are the best!!!!!

Especially when dealing with an old fart P.s. watch it screw up again since I said that!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.