NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I encountered a very incredible problem.

4K video can be played smoothly on iPhone 12 Pro (A2408 iOS 16.1),
However, the same 4K video cannot be played on the iPad pro (2nd, 11inch, A2228, iOS 16.1).

Apps are all of the same version (3.4.4-378), and their settings are the same (Video transcoding all disabled).

Video Station & DS video, don't support 4K video streaming
Are you serious? I said I played the 4K video smoothly by DS Video on iPhone 12 Pro.
My question is why the same 4K video, same APP (DS Video), same iOS, same APP Settings can play on the iPhone, but not on the iPad.
Right now I'm using the latest iPad Pro 2022, which uses the latest M2 chip, but unfortunately the problem evidence exists.

I've got the same iPad, streaming very high bitrate 4K videos from Plex on my DS923+, no problem. Sadly I've given up on Videostation for many reasons.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, you're right. So it maybe an app bug. That problem is the iOS DS Video app, not iPhone or iPad.

Are you serious? I said I played the 4K video smoothly by DS Video on iPhone 12 Pro.
My question is why the same 4K video, same APP (DS Video), same iOS, same APP Settings can play on the iPhone, but not on the iPad.
Right now I'm using the latest iPad Pro 2022, which uses the latest M2 chip, but unfortunately the problem evidence exists.
On Google TV and Apple TV doesn’t work. So if DS video don’t support 4K on all devices, for me I consider it unsupported.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, you're right. So it maybe an app bug. That problem is the iOS DS Video app, not iPhone or iPad.
I think that is a license issue of H.265/HEVC

Video Station & DS video, don't support 4K video streaming
With this Wrapper you will can:

Regards.

Last edited:
As you can see here, I can streaming 4K + EAC3 to my PC's monitor 1080p using a normal WEB Browser. Using ChromeCast is working too.
1686046685815.png

1686046786374.png

With this Wrapper you will can:

Regards.
For me all videos should be natively compatible, because a live conversion drastically reduce the quality

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.