Currently reading
Playback files without permission to acces Video Station

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi, I use Video Station permission to let a user playback video from a link. This is possible by giving them access to The Video Station application. But I like to deny the acces to the Video Station home page. Is that possible? When disabling the Video Station application for a user it is not possible for them to playback a movie file within the browser.

Does Video Station sharing not meet your need?
Fcmqx7U.png

My workflow is to put a MP4 on the server. Through the Drive web app they can view that MP4 file. I noticed that if I deny access to the video station for that user they can not play that video file.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
Unfortunately, DS Video app on TVs are having a little bit different behaviour, this guy explains...
Replies
Views
Video Station is half baked - and that is saying it nicely. You will be better off with a more robust 3rd...
Replies
Views
DS video is the mobile app that accesses Video Station on the NAS. On the NAS there is the default /video...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
The Darknebular's patcher is overly complex and doesn't support DSM 6.2 nor other ffmpeg versions. You...
Replies
Views
What do you mean? Synology is extremely slow? Anyway, for now, for the movies splitted on parts, is...
Replies
Views
When you say Movie Server... is that Media server or Video Station? What’s your player in this scenario...
Replies
Views
This is common to much of Synology... SSH, rsync, etc., can only be managed by an administrator.
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back