Playing video files from DS File/Video from different location

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
hi all,

Hopefully I could solve my problem here.

I had the 918+ for almost 3 years. And with the recent upgrade on my upload speed, I decided I would like to stream videos from the NAS from a diff location.

I had been trying from a few devices, Chrome cast with Google TV (DS video), Himedia Q10 Pro (Android box with DS video & DS file), Samsung Note 20 (DS file then cast to TV) and an Ipad.
Other than the Ipad itself, the other device mostly played a maximum of 20 minutes, and it gets log off and the app has to re log in again.

From the NAS it self, while I'm streaming off location, I could notice the upload is ard 10MB, but after sometime it drops back to a few KBs, and that is where indication that the video will be cut off in a short moment. Or while watching the video, suddenly the subtitles goes missing, its indication that the video or app will be log out in a short moment , like 5 to 10 seconds

Is there any setting in the NAS itself to prevent such from happening

Thanks in advance

Dear Rusty
Thanks for the reply
Im still in the midst of setting up Plex for the NAS, I found out I can't configure the Plex from quickconnect

While testing , there was once I was able to get about a full movie of play from Chrome cast with google TV thru DS video, I couldn't try it with DS file as it seems there is only a 3rd party app for DS file. I wonder is that 3rd party App safe to be used.

I found out I can't configure the Plex from quickconnect
No needs. You can use their official app.plex.tv portal once you claim your server and log in with your plex account.

I couldn't try it with DS file as it seems there is only a 3rd party app for DS file
Not sure I follow, DSFile is the official Syno app.

Im sorry , the 3rd party App is actually name DS File Browser
Which looks exactly as the official Syno app

I need to configure my Plex in the NAS to link to the acc and pinpoint to which folder, something which I can't do outside from my NAS network it seems

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.