Please help: Shared folder is limited to 4TB, no quota settings apply?

Currently reading
Please help: Shared folder is limited to 4TB, no quota settings apply?

NAS
DS224+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Dear pros,

I have a NAS Synology with 20TB, I create a backup folder and map it to my Windows 10 laptop.
I don't set limit or quota for this folder, but in my Windows 10, the capacity is just 4TB.

2021-04-20_085745.png

2021-04-20_085958.png

2021-04-20_085800.png

I recently empty all recycle bins and re-clam storage

2021-04-20_091041.png

But I don't know why this happen. Can you help me?
I bought the NAS for 5 years.

Thank you for your attention! Have a great day.

Solution
Guessing your ERP Backup user account is not an "administrator" class account but rather a "user" account? If so, then you will see this as a result.

If you see your last of the one before the last image, you have fid network share as well. That one shows the correct 21TB space. So that means that share was mounted using a different account with more privileges. There is nothing wrong with your setup.

Just confirm that you have multiple user accounts in multiple classes and that will most likely be the reason.
Thank you for your advice, I went to the properties of the folder (after breaktime) on Shared folder and found this.

7bbf6ebcbf3c4d62142d.jpg

Maybe one of my staff fools me! @@
Guessing your ERP Backup user account is not an "administrator" class account but rather a "user" account? If so, then you will see this as a result.

If you see your last of the one before the last image, you have fid network share as well. That one shows the correct 21TB space. So that means that share was mounted using a different account with more privileges. There is nothing wrong with your setup.

Just confirm that you have multiple user accounts in multiple classes and that will most likely be the reason.

Upvote 0

Thank you for your advice, I went to the properties of the folder (after breaktime) on Shared folder and found this.

7bbf6ebcbf3c4d62142d.jpg

Maybe one of my staff fools me! @@

Upvote 0
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.