Please help - Tdarr via Docker

Currently reading
Please help - Tdarr via Docker

NAS
920+
Hey all,
I am having issues with my Tdarr container, it was installed using Portainer using the internal node and correct PGID and PUID. This is my main user which seems to have permissions to all shared folders etc and does not have any issues with any of my other Docker containers.

When transcoding I get this error:
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, access
The following transcode cache path cannot be accessed on Tdarr_Node

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I am fairly new to Docker but imo everything appears to be set up correctly, so this is a really annoying one!

Depends on your compose setup and the actual permission on the folder. If those are the errors it could be that there are certain permission issue. It is hard to diagnose without some more input.
I used this stack in Portainer:

version: "3.9"
services:
tdarr:
image: ghcr.io/haveagitgat/tdarr:latest
container_name: Tdarr
hostname: tdarr
security_opt:
- no-new-privileges:true
healthcheck:
test: wget --no-verbose --tries=1 --spider http://localhost:8265/ || exit 1
ports:
- 8265:8265
- 8266:8266
environment:
- TZ=Europe/Bucharest
- PUID=1026
- PGID=100
- serverIP=tdarr
- serverPort=8266
- webUIPort=8265
- internalNode=true
- nodeID=InternalNode
volumes:
- /volume1/docker/tdarr/server:/app/server
- /volume1/docker/tdarr/configs:/app/configs
- /volume1/docker/tdarr/logs:/app/logs
- /volume1/Media:/media
- /volume1/docker/tdarr/temp:/temp
restart: always

do you know what path is in question here?
This is what the full line says, do you know what this could mean??

2023-03-10T11:00:51.915Z Y01bt_Ss4x:Node[InternalNode]:Worker[HytodTK2Z]:[2/2] The following transcode cache path cannot be accessed on Tdarr_Node eAIUGNS1R:

This is what the full line says, do you know what this could mean??

2023-03-10T11:00:51.915Z Y01bt_Ss4x:Node[InternalNode]:Worker[HytodTK2Z]:[2/2] The following transcode cache path cannot be accessed on Tdarr_Node eAIUGNS1R:
I see you are running only the server element here not the node as well, but I guess the server can be a node on its own. The cache patch is the volume mapping related to the temp folder inside the container or the local path in your case /volume1/docker/tdarr/temp

Last edited:
Does tdarr open? Are you running a node yet?

Compose example from tdarr here:
Yeah it all seems to run fine besides this one error. I am using the internal node.
-- post merged: --

Okay so I got it working, it was a pretty simple fix in the end. Thank you @Rusty for pointing out where the issue was, I just went into file station and made inherited permission explicit to give full control to the tdarr folder.

I have another problem now however as the transcoding is incredibly slow on the CPU, let me know if you have any suggestions on how to get the GPU to transcode please.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.