DS218+, DS214+, DS1621xs+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,
Does your Plex (1.21.0-3744) see any pictures in the 'photo' folder?

I have first updated Plex when a new version for DSM7 became available, but pictures in photo folder were not seen. Then I uninstalled Plex completely and installed it again. The same result - no pictures in Plex, while all films work fine. I have tried to select pictures from another folder too and it does not work either.

Regards,
Tmxdiver

Might be a silly question, but have you selected the correct library version when setting it up in Plex? Also, if that is not the problem, does Plex have permissions on those folders.

With DSM7 there are changes when it comes to Plex and permissions:

Hi Rusty,
Thank you for your response.

I have select the correct library type in plex and followed all the instructions that plex gives now (assigning PlexMediaServer write rights to all media folders (including 'photo') and changing files owner to admin). It has not helped. I have also updated version of plex to 1.21.1.3843 and that has not helped either.

When I copy folders with pictures to a newly created shared folder I can see them in plex, but I am not able to see pictures and films in that particular 'photo' folder.

Finally, Plex worked fine for me in in DSM 6.2, the problems started with the migration to DSM7 beta.

I will abandon the photo folder for now and it will work for me. I just wanted to share my problem with others.

If you are using plus version of NAS you must run docker version ;)
It's easy ) just put your values

Code:
docker run \
-itd \
--restart=always \
--name plex \
--network=host \
-e PLEX_UID=1024 -e PLEX_GID=101 \
-e TZ="Europe/Moscow" \
-e PLEX_CLAIM="your claim" \
-v /volume1/docker/plex/config:/config \
-v /volume1/docker/plex/transcode:/transcode \
-v /volume2/video/_films:/data/Movies \
-v "/volume2/video/_series:/data/TV Shows" \
-v "/volume1/photo:/data/Photo" \
plexinc/pms-docker

It's easy ) just put your values

Code:
docker run \
-itd \
--restart=always \
--name plex \
--network=host \
-e PLEX_UID=1024 -e PLEX_GID=101 \
-e TZ="Europe/Moscow" \
-e PLEX_CLAIM="your claim" \
-v /volume1/docker/plex/config:/config \
-v /volume1/docker/plex/transcode:/transcode \
-v /volume2/video/_films:/data/Movies \
-v "/volume2/video/_series:/data/TV Shows" \
-v "/volume1/photo:/data/Photo" \
plexinc/pms-docker
Missing HW transcode parameter

... for getting HW acceleration within Docker, I add following options to "docker run" command:

Code:
--device /dev/dri/card0:/dev/dri/card0 \
--device /dev/dri/renderD128:/dev/dri/renderD128 \

however this only works, after changing the access rights to gpu device:
Code:
sudo chmod 660 /dev/dri/*

This can be done automatically on diskstation startup with task planner.

This works for me for Plex as well as for tvheadend inside docker

... for getting HW acceleration within Docker, I add following options to "docker run" command:

Code:
--device /dev/dri/card0:/dev/dri/card0 \
--device /dev/dri/renderD128:/dev/dri/renderD128 \

however this only works, after changing the access rights to gpu device:
Code:
sudo chmod 660 /dev/dri/*

This can be done automatically on diskstation startup with task planner.

This works for me for Plex as well as for tvheadend inside docker
This feature is for premium users only. Am I right?

New here… I didn't use docker version On DS 1621+… was that a bad idea? Haven’t used docker before but I get the concept. Shouldn’t be too much trouble to switch it right?

was that a bad idea
Not at all

Shouldn’t be too much trouble to switch it right?
In fact, you can switch with the same setup into docker once you get the docker version up and running. The good thing is that Plex is already nicely "sandboxed", so running it in a container will just provide a more clean and flexible solution. But apart from running it on bare metal or docker, the experience will be pretty much the same.

Not at all

In fact, you can switch with the same setup into docker once you get the docker version up and running. The good thing is that Plex is already nicely "sandboxed", so running it in a container will just provide a more clean and flexible solution. But apart from running it on bare metal or docker, the experience will be pretty much the same.

I get the impression the build for Synology isnt updated very often and am assuming that they would be better with the Docker version?

I get the impression the build for Synology isnt updated very often and am assuming that they would be better with the Docker version?
Synology version of Plex is not up to date, correct, but you can download the plex.tv (official) version and push it using the "manual" button in the Package center just fine.

Last edited:
OK, So I just realized there is NO WAY for Plex (d/l from Plex.tv/downloads for my DS220+) to recognize ANY photos in my Synology Photos folder (called Photos at the root level of my NAS). All permissions are given, both PMS and my own Username, Full Permissions / RW.

Saw this thread; please understand while I have a decent IQ I'm not a SW engineer. I'll give this a shot

-- post merged: --

Well, I got Docker installed, just don't know how to plug in the code and where to put the 'sudo' instruction (?This can be done automatically on diskstation startup with task planner)

A little help anyone?

So I have Plex running from/thru Docker, but I don't have /Volume1 access when I'm adding my library

How do I enter/execute the code you gave above? And where does the "sudo "command line go? (Sorry I'm so inept)

So I have Plex running from/thru Docker, but I don't have /Volume1 access when I'm adding my library

How do I enter/execute the code you gave above? And where does the "sudo "command line go? (Sorry I'm so inept)
1st off what image are we talking about here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back