Plex and remote disks

Currently reading
Plex and remote disks

so - I have a flex sever running on the sinology - works great.
I have an old NAS with a whole bunch of stuff on it that I want to expose to plex, using the much faster processor of the synology - so I went into file station and added remote mount points for the appropriate directories - and if I go into file station on the synology it works fine - but if I try to add them in plex, I get no errors - but it just doesn't find anything. The directories as far as I can tell are readable to everyone, but I've _explicitly_ ticked read for the plex user on those directories as well - but it just doesn't go there. Any ideas how to fix?

the sinology mount points are mounting with forcegid, forced, file_mode=0777 and dir_mode=0777 - so as far as I can tell yes - the plex user should have permissions and if I su to plex - I can see the directories

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.