Currently reading
Plex - Library folder/subfolder setup

NAS
DS1815+, DS1819+, DS1522+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I understand with DSM 7.2 that Itunes Server is no longer supported. I am trying to setup my music libary in Plex, but when I browse the volume and choose the Music folder, it seems to not allow me to go further into the subfolders within where my music library is. Does plex only "see" one folder deep?

Obvs. you have added read permission to /music for PlexMediaServer system user. And also have it applied to all lower files and folders.

I've tried to use iTunes Server and variants like it, but it wasn't much use for me since I don't do much Mac to Mac media sharing. Having Media Server and Plex has been much more useful in my setup, with a fallback of Audio Station if I really want to play gapless music using CUE files.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.