1. RT6600ax
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have setup Plex server on my DS920+ and works great for TV and other devices exept i have problem when i add subtitles on Andorid Box (Mi TV Stick). Movies starts fine but when i add subtitles i have buffering problems.

I have Plex pass, i have activate original quality, tried to edit subtitles settings but no luck.

I have buffering issue only on andorid box (Mi TV Stick by Xiaomi).

Is there any way to fix this issue on this device?

Thanks in advance!

Dashboard with subtitles.png
Dashboard without subtitles.png

Plex Dashboard, 1st pic is with subtitles enabled, second one without subtitles

Tautolli1 with subtitles.png
Tautolli1 without subtitles.png

Tautolli dashboard, 1st pic is with subtitles enabled, second one without subtitles

Well transcode from 1080 back to 1080 with subs would mean that you might be pushing picture subs like PGS. That is an intensive task and most devices will struggle with that.

Try and find an external sub in SET format for example and give that a go, or try and request a lower resolution and see if the problem will continue.

If I may suggest an alternative option that does wonders on the Nvidia Shield at least, and may (or may not) be able to handle more formats without transcoding: Kodi with Plex addon (there's an autostart option, so you can basically bypass Kodi as it opens the Plex addon after a few seconds)

Status
Not open for further replies.