DSM 6.2 Plex SPK uploads failing

Currently reading
DSM 6.2 Plex SPK uploads failing

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
Over the past few months, Plex SPKs have uploading issues when manually updating Plex.

After I select the SPK, it takes at least a minute before the first signs of upload appear on the Synology widget. This then stretches out for 2-3 minutes before a pop-up window appears that tells me "connection lost" and to log back into DSM. When this happens the DSM connection is still good as I can navigate through File Station and other packages.

Due to this I have to install Plex via CLI.

Any ideas here... There seems to be a network issue when uploading from the PC (I tried a second Win PC and both Firefox and Chrome browsers).

Thanks for your help!

Here's the unhelpful reply: I'm not experiencing this.

Since there was an update notification in Plex I downloaded it. The manual install went as normal and within a minute the server was back up and accessible.

I have seen the message to re-login when doing other things in DSM, but can't recall exact situations right now. Most times it just needs the activity to be repeated or web session to be reloaded/refreshed.

Upvote 0
This is perplexing as there was little CPU or memory usage during this time and network activity was nil. The next time this happens I will try a restart hoping that it will free up whatever is blocking the upload.

Upvote 0
I managed a simple workaround, but I'm unable to explain why. Maybe you can.

In my previous attempts, I was logged in using my subdomain...

So I now switched to my HTTP to log in...

The spk upload began immediately (instead of a 60-second delay), and at a rate 4-8 times faster. Presumably the HTTPS port would work as well.

FWIW, my subdomain login pass through nginx pm running on an RPi, if any of that is a factor.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.