Currently reading
Plex teething issues on automatically converting quality

NAS
1019+
Operating system
macOS, Windows, other
Mobile operating system
iOS
I found a control to set this to work across all files on my Amazon Firestick, and playback is now great across my whole home video library. However, on my main Plex Server which I access by clicking from the Synology DSM web page, I can only seem to auto-adjust quality on individual home video playback, and can't seem to find a control to enable this option for all playback.

I'm after a simple life and would ideally like this enabled across all Plex connections as home videos are jittery without the auto-adjust quality option enabled.

Is there a way to do this for all playback on the main Plex Server which I access by clicking from the Synology DSM web page (on Windows 10)?

Many thanks

Rusty

NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS412+, DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+ with expansions
Router
RT1900ac, RT2600ac, MR2200ac
Is there a way to do this for all playback on the main Plex Server which I access by clicking from the Synology DSM web page (on Windows 10)?
Is this what you are looking for?

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 18.09.36.png

Playback on the main server does not exist. Every device that you play from is a plex client. Plex server is the device that you have installed Plex server to (guessing on your 1019?).

NAS
1019+
Operating system
macOS, Windows, other
Mobile operating system
iOS
Thanks Rusty. Yes I checked this box. I seem to be able to playback media from the Plex main server but this is where I have trouble. Suspect this is a rookie mistake on my part and I am now downloading a Plex Player on my PC. For now main playback is on Amazon Firestick and this is awesome with the adjust quality box checked.

NAS
DS1819+, DS1815+
Operating system
Windows
Mobile operating system
iOS
Keep in mind that the Firestick has a low amount of RAM, unfortunately. I really liked it and it is super stable for the most part but ended up switching over to an NVIDIA shield.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!