NAS
1019+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I found a control to set this to work across all files on my Amazon Firestick, and playback is now great across my whole home video library. However, on my main Plex Server which I access by clicking from the Synology DSM web page, I can only seem to auto-adjust quality on individual home video playback, and can't seem to find a control to enable this option for all playback.

I'm after a simple life and would ideally like this enabled across all Plex connections as home videos are jittery without the auto-adjust quality option enabled.

Is there a way to do this for all playback on the main Plex Server which I access by clicking from the Synology DSM web page (on Windows 10)?

Many thanks

Is there a way to do this for all playback on the main Plex Server which I access by clicking from the Synology DSM web page (on Windows 10)?
Is this what you are looking for?

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 18.09.36.png

Playback on the main server does not exist. Every device that you play from is a plex client. Plex server is the device that you have installed Plex server to (guessing on your 1019?).

Thanks Rusty. Yes I checked this box. I seem to be able to playback media from the Plex main server but this is where I have trouble. Suspect this is a rookie mistake on my part and I am now downloading a Plex Player on my PC. For now main playback is on Amazon Firestick and this is awesome with the adjust quality box checked.

Keep in mind that the Firestick has a low amount of RAM, unfortunately. I really liked it and it is super stable for the most part but ended up switching over to an NVIDIA shield.
Agree Coop. But the newer 4K version seems fine. Also, is it just my imagination or does the replay improve after the video has been uploaded to Plex for a little longer?

that's just for playback on plex web, doesn't affect any other client.
I know. But if you have read the original post you would see why I posted that.

on the main Plex Server which I access by clicking from the Synology DSM web page
Meaning that one of the clients is the actual plex web. Configuring this on any other client is specific for that client ofc, but we needed to get there, now didn't we?

What do you mean by this exactly? Uploaded to where?
Hi again Rusty. I had an experience where I uploaded some videos on my plex server.... then shortly after I tried viewing them on my 4K amazon firestick and they were jittery. I tried again later and they were fine. That's what I meant.

Hmm... interesting. Not sure if that is related to the file types, the fact that the nas/plex was doing something at that time or that your lan/wifi connection was the problem that in return had such an outcome. I can't say that I have ever had a similar situation that something was jittery and then working fine. It was either working or not, simple.

Have you looked inside the dashboard section of your plex server when you were streaming what as going on? What as causing it to buffer and jitter? Does this happen often or just on a specific file? can you reproduce this behavior or it just happens?

Hi Rusty - happened right after I got started and then once again with one particular file. Not a big deal, just wondered if there was some cause. I am new to this so it's possible there was some human error in something I did.

Hi Rusty - happened right after I got started and then once again with one particular file. Not a big deal, just wondered if there was some cause. I am new to this so it's possible there was some human error in something I did.
Keep a lookout for this if and when it happens again.

Agree Coop. But the newer 4K version seems fine. Also, is it just my imagination or does the replay improve after the video has been uploaded to Plex for a little longer?

For transcoded/compressed 4k playback via Firestick, you are probably correct. But it does not handle full 4k UHD uncompressed content for files above 50 GB. massive delay in loading up and it stutters badly on playback.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.