DSM 7.0 Plex x265 HEVC issue

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Plex x265 HEVC issue

I am trying to get the Plex to play 4K directly. NVIDIA Shield should be able to handle 4K as it is.
Well it should, but you said that mobile playback is also in question. So just want so get a more clear picture what you are trying to reproduce, on what devices and in what kind of conditions, but with these minimal feedback info, not sure we will get anywhere quick.

Well it should, but you said that mobile playback is also in question. So just want so get a more clear picture what you are trying to reproduce, on what devices and in what kind of conditions, but with these minimal feedback info, not sure we will get anywhere quick.
Let me get more details

Not sure @Sly870 manage to resolve the issue.

I have similar problem. I have Plex Pass and my PMS running on DS920+ buffering a lot. I tried PMS both as DS package and docker (linuxserverio and plex images). My client is NVIDIA shield and all devices are connected on 1GB/s wired connection. When I tried to access PMS from internet (mobile), I am able browse my contents in PMS but it is not play anything (stuck with loading). I checked PMS and Synology resources and looked normal.

I have another brand NAS and it plays the video smoothly on local network and remote (mobile).

I cant figure out whats causing the buffering issue with Synology

I plugged a network cable into my firestick :D Problem went away and I also upgraded to the 4K MAX, no issues since.

Last edited:
It seems my Plex is not playing nicely with my Firestick.

Upgraded to the Firestick 4K MAX and still stutters, playing 4K native. Might need to try a 3rd party ethernet adapter to see if that helps increase network speeds, running off the Amazon ethernet adapter limits it to 100Mb it seems.
-- post merged: --

Wonder if I should upgrade my Ubiquiti AP-LITE to a WiFi 6 LR AP and try that, probably be faster then the ethernet adapter?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.