Poor Synology Support

Currently reading
Poor Synology Support

Gursel

Bit Poster
NAS
Synology 1515 ds
Hardware failure - not booting.
Hi I am not aware of anyone has had similar issue regarding to Hardware Failure.
I have own a Synology +1515 DS and it started to give hardware fault (not booting). This started happening when I was just only over 4 months of warranty. I investigated this issue and there is a lot of web information regarding the faulty intel chip A2000. That is why Synology extended warranty for a year for certain models. This is not a warranty issue but faulty product and should be replaced. This has been eagerly rejected by the support. I will attach my log file if anyone who interested to have a look. Finally, I was asked to get a repair quote but I am stuck with this company currently awaiting a repair quote for over 10 days.!!!There is still not clear that Synology will cover the cost. This is not fair.

Rusty

Staff member
NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS412+, DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+ with expansions
Router
RT1900ac, RT2600ac, MR2200ac
Well if it’s not c2000 big problem then I’m not sure they will work something out for you considering that the official non bug warranty is out. Keeps us in the loop on the result.

Still I can agree they respond time could be faster but personally never had an issue open for that long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.