port forwarding to 2 NAS doesnt work - we are taken to the same NAS

Currently reading
port forwarding to 2 NAS doesnt work - we are taken to the same NAS

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
We have 2 Synology NAS boxes

NAS01 - 192.168.1.22 (LAN) | 10.10.1.22 (Public)

NAS02 - 192.168.36.23 (LAN) | 10.1.1.23 (Public)

We opened ports on Sonicwall NSA using the link Sonicwall Port Forwarding and LAN WAN Rules Basics - Network Antics

The external access to both these NAS boxes have the same public IP as we use DDNS.

The ports are open but when we click on the Quickconnect links or the DDNS links for both NAS01 & NAS02, we are taken to the login page of NAS02

What may I need to change for this to work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_58.png
    Screenshot_58.png
    30 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_59.png
    Screenshot_59.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 37
With DDNS names and custom dsm ports, you will be able to get to each nas in your lan. Just change the dsm ports for each of them (don't make them the same). Then just port forward those dedicated ports to each internal lan ip address of each of the nas and you should be able to access them like this:

Code:
nas01.ddns.domain:customport_nas01
nas02.ddns.domain:customport_nas02

With 2 separate port forwards (custom port to nas1 and custom port to nas2), the router will know which nas to target.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.