Portainer and stacks

NAS
DS918+ (8GB RAM, 4x WD RED 4TB SHR) ; EATON Ellipse PRO 1200FR
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello,
I wanted to know if there was an issue with stacks on portainer when running portainer as aontainer in docker on a DS918+.
I currently run Telegraf, InlfuxDB and Grafana as standalone containers and I was thinking that it might be somewhat a good idea to rebuild them as a stack using portainer but it seems like I'm doing something wrong and this doesn't seem to work.
Anyone has a successful experience in this kind of operation ?
I'm a not very used to docker, using it on my DS918+ is my 1st experience with it :).
I was also wondering what were the benefits/drawbacks of using stacks instead of standalone containers.

Thanks in advance

I analysed it a while ago: It is not possble to create stacks in Portainer on Synology's customized docker engine.
At the end a Portainer stack is "just" a managed docker-compose configuration - you would see the immediate impact of changes to the stack.

For time beeing you will have to stick to docker-compose on the command line. You will be still able to manage the created containers in Portainer, but changes to the compose.yml need to be provisioned with docker-compose.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.