Portainer updated to version 15 new design!

Currently reading
Portainer updated to version 15 new design!

Just updated last nigh, and finally went with business edition as well... All working good.
Try to register the Free (5 Node BE Edition) but I can seem to get through.
Start using Portainer Business Edition
After finishing filling in the form and push the active button nothing happens. I even tried with a VPN connection and with my adblocker disabled.

So I'm wondering how did you manage to register?
TIA

dumb question..I know that Pi-Hole running in a docker container cannot be updated within Pi-Hole itself, you have to recreate the container with the lastest Pi-Hole image. I assume the same is true about Portainer running in a docker container?

dumb question..I know that Pi-Hole running in a docker container cannot be updated within Pi-Hole itself, you have to recreate the container with the lastest Pi-Hole image. I assume the same is true about Portainer running in a docker container?
You can’t update portainer via portainer

Last edited:
You can’t update portainer via portainer
I saw a means to do that by setting Portainer up as a service using Docker Cloud Swarm mode
... but it seemed too much work for so little payoff.

🚫 CAUTION AHEAD: OT 🚫
I know that Pi-Hole running in a docker container cannot be updated within Pi-Hole itself
Have you tried to update by SSHing into the container... apt update/upgrade? Not that I would recommend this as container updates are simple...
Code:
docker stop pihole
docker pull pihole/pihole
docker rm -f pihole
docker run pihole/pihole

Last edited:
Just did a update to one of my test systems and got the notice about the 5 node business version for personal use. Signed up and and trying it out. I really want to try have one instance that manages it's local containers on my Synology and then the EDGE Raspberry Pi's containers. Will be doing some configuration and testing to make that work.

Just an update. Did the update to the Portainer on the Synolgoy to the business version, applied the key and it registered once license being used. I then shutdown Portainer on one of my Pi's that has a few containers running and installed the Edge Agent per the instructions from the main Portainer site. Once the Edge Agent was started I was able to connect to it from the Synolgoy Portainer instance. Finally I can see everything running in Docker across my network from one dashboard.

1663703669059.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.