Post title visibility when scrolling

NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DSM 7.0.1-14401
Generally, I open up a number of tabs to the latest posts on threads I am following... After doing so, I go tab to tab to follow the conversation... However, the post title is not visible when you are down a screen or two into the discussion, so often I have to scroll up to remind myself what the OP's title intended (it's not always inferrable from the content ;)).

Is it possible to either freeze the thread subject line at the top of the view or otherwise prepend it to each individual post (similar to the 'good ol forum')?

SynoMan

Administrator
Founder
There was an option to show the title, but (not sure why) on long threads sometimes you can't click anywhere on site. I can enable it and we can track that here.

Upvote 0

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
That's really helpful. (y) Have a cookie 🍪

I pin the forum to the side of Safari and the mini-tab uses the first letter of the site name, so 'S'. No need to scroll up to remember which post I'm reading.

Upvote 0
NAS
DS216+II, DS118, DS718+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Looks good (y)

Upvote 0

SynoMan

Administrator
Founder
There is one more option, to show thread title on scroll in navigation (not below it), but that means you don't see navigation tabs. I hope it's ok to look at the URL to see which thread you're reading.

Upvote 0

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
That's pity, it was useful but more so on mobile Safari.

Don't kill yourself trying to fix though.

Upvote 0
NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS216+II : DS118 : DS120j : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
Btw, @WST16, I've noticed you can chat to yourself in private conversation in Rocket Chat! :)
Excellent. Because now I need two phones to do that. This will save a lot on the bills.

Upvote 0
NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DSM 7.0.1-14401
Last edited:
Nice. You started replying to your self now. You’re getting there, don’t be afraid.
Is there anybody out there 👾👾👾

If I click the "x" (Remove)... is it permanently gone? Or just until the page reloads?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!