Power Schedule and Backups

Currently reading
Power Schedule and Backups

If the backup is scheduled for, say, 0300hrs and the NAS is scheduled to shut down between 2300hrs and 0700hrs the backup will not take place (running DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 3). I'm surprised that the DSM doesn't flag this basic incompatibility when backups are being scheduled.
It's not only when the NAS is off.

With ABB for example, any PCs you have scheduled to backup need to be on and connected when their scheduled time comes. If they are not then ABB will skip their scheduled backup (it will not back them up once they are back online).

Many of the things on the Synology are this way. If they are not availble when the schedule time comes then they are skipped.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.